[wpkg-users] 7-Zip install/file associations

Gary Richards gary at dsnine.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 17:06:12 CET 2005

Hi,

I've recently started playing with wpkg and i've been testing packages deploy
properly to a test machine. So far i've had a number of them install fine basing
the entries in package.xml on what's available in the silent installers section
of the wpkg wiki, however, i've just tried 7-Zip and although it's seems to have
silently installed fine, by default none of the expected file associations were
setup. Is this normal behaviour for this package? If so does anyone have a
simple way to setup the required associations?

I do have a list of the registry entries added by the program when i've executed
7-Zip and selected the files that I want 7-Zip to associate with. So I guess I
could simply merge a registry file after the install or something. I just
wondered if anyone had any ideas on doing this an easier way before I start
creating registry files and such.

On another note, after creating the file associations, the icons for the files
don't change from the 'unknown file' icon. Is this normal behaviour too? I've
not yet installed 7-Zip manually from the original executable, so i'm not sure
what the installer in manual mode is capable of.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org