[wpkg-users] Feature request: Global environment variables for packages.

sbotsford sbotsford at sjsa.ab.ca
Tue Apr 11 20:51:12 CEST 2006

Perhaps we need a 4th xml file for this.

After writing just a couple packages, I can see merit in being able to
define global environment variables for wpkg.

Example:  suppose that my installation share point is
\\conan\installers\wpkg.  I would much rather have $WPKG.

and later, as I accumulate bat files to run the two commands it takes
to install so many things, to be able to say

PATH=$WPKG/bat:$PATH

***
This may also be the right place to put things like
PACKAGES=$WPKG/xmlpacks/*.xml
PROFILES=$WPKG/xmlprof/*.xml
for people who want to have a bunch of little files instead of a few
big ones.

Sherwood Botsford		sbotsford at sjsa.ab.ca
St. John's School of Alberta	780-848-2881 Ext 134
RR - 5, Stony Plain, Alberta, T7Z 1X5

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org