[wpkg-users] Feature request: Global environment variables for packages.

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Apr 11 21:39:29 CEST 2006

sbotsford wrote:

> Perhaps we need a 4th xml file for this.
>
> After writing just a couple packages, I can see merit in being able to
> define global environment variables for wpkg.
>
> Example:  suppose that my installation share point is
> \\conan\installers\wpkg.  I would much rather have $WPKG.
>
> and later, as I accumulate bat files to run the two commands it takes to
> install so many things, to be able to say
>
> PATH=$WPKG/bat:$PATH
>
> ***
> This may also be the right place to put things like
> PACKAGES=$WPKG/xmlpacks/*.xml
> PROFILES=$WPKG/xmlprof/*.xml
> for people who want to have a bunch of little files instead of a few big
> ones.

WPKG can use environmental variables.

See wpkg-start.bat.examples file that comes in the package:

:: You can also use variables...

set WPKGROOT=\\server\wpkg
set PACKAGES=%WPKGROOT%\packages
%WPKGROOT%\wpkg.js /synchronize /debug

:: ...and then, you can put into packages.xml something like:

<install cmd='%PACKAGES%\test\test.exe -silent' />