[wpkg-users] Handing reboot as part of install.

sbotsford sbotsford at sjsa.ab.ca
Sat Apr 22 23:19:16 CEST 2006

Came across the following:

Laptop with Intel 915 graphics chip.

Run the setup with the flags they claimed would make it silent.
Registry check fails.

Reboot the machine.
"Found new hardware!"

Registry check succeeds.

As far as I've decoded the installer doesn't really install anything,
but it puts some new *inf files into WINNT somewhere, and tells the
device manager to scan for new graphics hardware.

Is there a graceful way to deal with this?

At present what I would have to do use use one of the sysinternals
regmon tools, and filter out the crap to see what was happening under
the hood.