[wpkg-users] Reboot=AtEnd?

sbotsford sbotsford at sjsa.ab.ca
Sat Apr 22 23:27:53 CEST 2006

I've run into several packages that give you the option to reboot, and
tell you that the package doesn't take effect until a reboot.

Right now the attribute reboot takes two values, true or false.  I
suggest a third option, AtEnd, neaning that this package needs a
reboot, but it doesn't have to be immediate.

So for example, Internet Explorer 6 service pack 1 and win2k Service
Pack 4 both require a reboot to take effect.  But they don't need a
reboot between them.

So if reboot=atend was an option, wpkg would:
Organize by priorities.
Organize by depends
Within any priority, install anything that said reboot=false
install anything that said reboot=atend
install one package that said reboot=true.

This could save a lot of reboots.