[wpkg-users] Help with error message:

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Apr 18 14:30:15 CEST 2006

sbotsford wrote:

> I'm flummoxed.
>
> On one group of hosts wpkg works.  On another, it doesn't, and I get the
> following message:
>
> Using Profile: Inspiron
> profile: Inspiron     profileNode:
> Object doesn't support this method or property
>

> command line:
> cscript wpkg.js /synchronize /debug
>
> Inspiron is defined in hosts.xml

I don't know what it means, but it would be interesting to find out.
Google gives a couple of answers when you search for "Object doesn't
support this method or property", but mostly it deals with JScript used
for web pages.

1) Could you send me your profiles.xml, hosts.xml and packages.xml?

2) What version of WPKG do you use? Could you try the latest testing
(0.9.8-test2)?

3) do you still get this error when you use same profile + packages, but
for a different host?