[wpkg-users] hosts.xml question

Michael J. Kidd wpkg at linuxkidd.com
Tue Dec 19 23:50:30 CET 2006

After reading over a LOT of data on WPKG, and doing some play'n..  I do
have one question..  The hosts.xml file.  Does WPKG stop after it finds
a match? i.e. Can I specify several rules that match a given hostname
and have all the profiles apply?

The reason I ask is this:
I could specify one regex to match the hosname based on machine type,
and therefore load up drivers for that platform.  Another regex to match
specific host names for development boxes, another one for graphics
boxes, etc...

All the boxes starting m60 for example are Dell Precision M60 laptops,
and thus need those drivers... the next 3 letters specify the type of
load for the box, the last 3 letters specify the physical location and
thus will specify what printer to map.

I've probably rambled too much ...  From what I've read, I'm thinking
that wpkg does stop at the first positive match ( where full hostnames
take priority over regex ).  Could this be a feature request if this is
the case?

Thanks,
Michael