[wpkg-users] What happens if assigned packages disappear - proof of concept

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jun 15 20:42:53 CEST 2006

(...)

No one said it'll be easy :)

> There are some other ideas this morning :) -
>
> In debug mode, lots of lines fly over the screen, we have to search thru
> them for errors. Perhaps instead/adding an array with all the errors and
> an exit function which prints the error summary - if there are errors -
> at end could help.

Are you talking about 0.9.10-test1?

Basically what I did there was to print the summary at the end?
Or you mean something else?

> Something with the line ends is broken - an "dos2unix wpkg.js" and
> "unix2dos wpkg.js" should do.

Indeed, one EOL character is missing in line 2134 of wpkg-0.9.9.
But makes no difference, does it (and everything works fine)?

Anyway, fixed in 0.9.10-test1 :)

> There are lots of constructs like these:

> // * Global variables
> var quitonerror;

>     // process property named arguments that set values
>     if (isArgSet(argv, "/debug") || isArgSet(argv, "/verbose")) {
>         debug = true;
>     } else {
>         debug = false;
>     }
>     // process property named arguments that set values
>     if (isArgSet(argv, "/quitonerror")) {
>         quitonerror = true;
>     } else {
>         quitonerror = false;
>     }
>
> For some of them, I think it would be better to not declare them
> implicitly but do

> var debug = false;
> var quitonerror = false
>
>     if (isArgSet(argv, "/debug") || isArgSet(argv, "/verbose")) {
>         debug = true;
>     }
>     if (isArgSet(argv, "/quitonerror")) {
>         quitonerror = true;
>     }
>
> So the code would be a bit clearer, no uninitialized variables, and
> we can set in the Global Variables section what args we want for each
> and every install.

Yep, some more code cleanup would do no harm.