[wpkg-users] MD5 hash

Michael Chinn m.chinn at gbrmpa.gov.au
Wed Mar 29 04:44:33 CEST 2006

At present I have added packages to wpkg using bat & perl scripts that
download a zip of the program, check the MD5, extract, run and then
delete the zip/temp files. This allows for disconnections during
installations, partially downloaded files fail the checksum and are
downloaded again until they work. That got me thinking if some of this
functionality could be incorporated into wpkg directly, specifically the
MD5sums of the installer command (I use the gnu md5sum.exe port). I
would offer some code however my knowledge only extends (at the moment)
to bat files and perl.

--
Michael Chinn
User Support Officer - Information Technology

Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
PO Box 1379
TOWNSVILLE, QLD 4810

Ph 07 47500874 Fax 07 4772 6093
michaelc at gbrmpa.gov.au

If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately
by return email and delete all copies. Any unauthorised use, disclosure or
distribution of this email is prohibited.