[wpkg-users] sophos automate rollout

Michael Chinn m.chinn at gbrmpa.gov.au
Thu Nov 16 01:12:08 CET 2006

The command that we have is slightly different

setup.exe -mng no -updp <website> -ni -s -ouser <encrypted username>
-opwd <encrypted password>

-ni = non-interactive installation
-s = silent installation

and an undocumented one...

setup.exe -remove -ni -s

will remove sophos from your machine

Totoy Mola wrote:
> in sophos 6, user will need to put a server address to pull the virus
> updates. i'm wondering if this could done with unattended installation. i
> was trying to record the answer files by doing this in run mode:
> C:\savxpsa\setup.exe /a /r /f1C:\setup.iss, but i couldn't get the answer
> file to work..
>
> <package
> 		id="SAV6"
> 		name="SophosAV6"
> 		revision="6"
> 		reboot="true"
> 		priority="1">
> 		<check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Sophos AntiVirus" />
> 		<check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Sophos AutoUpdate" />
>
> 		<install cmd='\SERVERNAME\wpkg\software\savxpsa\setup.exe -updp
> "WEBSITE_ADDRESS" -mng no /qb'>
>
> 		<exit code="0" />
> 		</install>
> 	</package>
>
> when i run the code above, it needs user interaction so my goal is to be
> unattended installation.
>
> Thanks!
>

>> From: Jean-Jacques Moulis <jj at isy.liu.se>
>> To: Totoy Mola <totoymola12 at hotmail.com>, wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org
>> Subject: Re: [wpkg-users] sophos automate rollout
>> Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:01:43 +0100
>>
>> On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:22:13 -0700 Totoy Mola <totoymola12 at hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> TM> Hey guys, I need help installing Sophos 6. I wanted to do unattended
>> install
>> TM> the Sophos 6, but I don't know how to automate the installation because
>> it
>> TM> needs a user input on server name. Could I include this in my script -
>> TM> SERVER = "SERVER_NAME"? Thanks!
>>

>> This is what I'm using for 5.2.7. (for machines updating via a share)
>> No Need to specify the server, clients update from the share they were
>> installed from.
>> It should work for version 6, I'll check that
>>
>>         <package id="sophos" name="Sophos" revision="1" reboot="false"
>> priority="90">
>>                 <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Sophos
>> AutoUpdate" />
>>                 <install cmd='\\Server\InterChk\ESXP\Setup.exe -mng no'>
>>                         <exit code="0" />
>>                 </install>
>>                 <remove cmd='msiexec /qn /x
>> {C12953C2-4F15-4A6C-91BC-511B96AE2775}' />
>>                 <remove cmd='msiexec /qn /x
>> {09C6BF52-6DBA-4A97-9939-B6C24E4738BF}' />
>>         </package>
>>
>> For machines updating via http I made a "no questions asked" installer.
>> I don't remember the recipe right now.
>> I'll try to remember harder as I too need to make a new one for version 6.
>>
>> Regards

> Add a Yahoo! contact to Windows Live Messenger for a chance to win a free
> trip!
> http://www.imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/yahoo/default.aspx?locale=en-us&hmtagline

Michael Chinn
User Support Officer - Information Technology

Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
PO Box 1379
TOWNSVILLE, QLD 4810

Ph 07 47500874 Fax 07 4772 6093
michaelc at gbrmpa.gov.au

If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately
by return email and delete all copies. Any unauthorised use, disclosure or
distribution of this email is prohibited.