[wpkg-users] WPKG Installer

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Sep 19 16:26:50 CEST 2006

Daniel Delattre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been evaluating wpkg for software distribution at the University Of
> Waterloo, Canada. It seems to do a much better job then Microsoft's built-in
> GPO software deployment.

Thanks.

> I still have to look at the scaling of the tool to a lab of approx 120
> machines and more.

I use it with about 200 machines, with different servers (different
Samba and Active Directory).

Occasionally, I get emails from users who use it for much more machines;
I think the biggest one was about 10000 workstations.
I'm not familiar with the setup, I just know the guys wrote some backend
for themselves, which they never shared...

> I have also been using the WPKG installer, however it seems that if I use
> the silent install with SILENT=YES the parameters that I add to the MSI
> installer do not get saved. When I use SILENT=NO, I can see the correct
> parameters, but the user needs to save these then.
>
> Is this a bug or is there another option that I'm not aware off.

As I understand, you want to install WPKG (using MSI installer) silently?

Could you paste the whole command line/parameters you're using?