[wpkg-users] WPKG Installer

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Sep 19 17:05:57 CEST 2006

Daniel Delattre wrote:

> I will send you the command line once I'm back in my office, later today.
>
> We have been experiencing a lot of errors, uncomplete installs and strange behaviours with MS gpo installs. Mainly due to loss of intelligent installs (I.e. Hardware differences, hooks to other software, etc)
>
> If the scaling works out well, we will be using it to distribute approx 150+ software packages to approx 1500+ workstations.
>
> This will be locked down lab computers and semi-locked down staff and faculty machines.
>
> If we go this route, I will be more then happy to share our setup, scripts, built-on GUI's, web tools and software package install xml's.

I will be happy to help you with any problems.

If you're using Active Directory, the easiest you can do is to start a
script each time the workstation boots, as described here:

http://wpkg.org/index.php/WPKG_with_Active_Directory

Basically, assign a given OU a script (let's call it
\\AD-server\path\to\WPKG\wpkg-start.bat), with that content:

cscript \\server\path\to\WPKG\wpkg.js /synchronize /quiet /nonotify

And that's it!

Of course, I would be also glad to hear how the WPKG MSI installs and
how it works.