[wpkg-users] WPKG - issues

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Apr 3 10:32:36 CEST 2007

Alex Owen schrieb:
> Now I am subscribed...
>
> On 03/04/07, Alex Owen <r.alex.owen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> WPKG looks to be a very nice piece of software!
>>
>> I have been trying to intergrate it in to an unattended(the project)

Unattended from unattended.sf.net?

>> install of wxpsp2.
>> I'm not a fan of the GuiRunOnce+autologin type thing... so I was
>> looking at cmdlines.txt which runs juts before the reboot leading to
>> GuiRunOnce. My plan was to install WPKGsetup.msi from cmdlines.txt and
>> then after the reboot  WPKG delays login and installs the rest of my
>> software/config.
>>
>> There are 2 problems with this approach:
>> (1) you can't install msi packaged software from cmdlines.txt {why?}

What is the purpose of using cmdlines.txt (with which I'm not familiar
BTW) if you use unattended.sf.net?

>> (2) the delayed login thing currently has a bug where WPKG can't reboot.
>>
>> I gather that (2) is being worked on.

Yes.
As a workaround, you can use an alternative reboot method (wpkg.js
allows that: on XP use a shutdown.exe command bundled with a system, on
2000 a 3rd party tool of your choice).