[wpkg-users] Fwd: WPKG - issues

Alex Owen r.alex.owen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 18:30:07 CEST 2007

Oops... missed reply to all!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alex Owen <r.alex.owen at gmail.com>
Date: 03-Apr-2007 17:29
Subject: Re: [wpkg-users] WPKG - issues
To: "Michael J. Kidd" <mjkidd at linuxkidd.com>

On 03/04/07, Michael J. Kidd <mjkidd at linuxkidd.com> wrote:
> With Unattended.sf.net, on first bootup, the system auto logs in, and
> commences to installing the software depicted by top, middle, and bottom
> scripts.  I think what Alex is trying to get away from.. is a machine
> somewhere on the floor that's automatically logging in as local admin
> where anyone could walk up, cancel whats going on, and be 100% in.
>
> This is where using cmdlines.txt to install wpkg right away would be a
> huge help.  First reboot, you could use the logon delay and wpkg would
> install all the software as usual without the auto admin login.

You read my mind....
I have done some reading and it seems that some MSI's work from
cmdlines.txt and some don't... so playing safe MS say not to install
MSI from cmdlines.txt.
I will try to find time to test the WPKGsetup.msi from cmdlines.txt...
it may work anyhow!
I will post my results... don't hold your breath!
Alex