[wpkg-users] Automatic Updates

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Feb 20 08:58:05 CET 2007

Formoso, Travis schrieb:

>> Note that you will need Unattended on your server, and Perl on your
>> workstations (it comes by default if you deploy Windows with
>> Unattended), as described here:
>
>> http://wpkg.org/index.php/Automatic_Updates
>
>> Also, pay attention to the XML, as your copy is incorrect (missing "once").
>
> Hello,
>
> I understand I need Unattended on my server and Perl on the workstations. Perl is installed and I have the Unattended folder on my server - do I need to do an actual install? If I do how would I deploy that over Samba?

No, you don't need the whole Unattended installation, you just need a
script that executes: auconfig.pl.

> Also I took the once out as I want it to check for automatic updates every time there are new ones out - if it runs once it will not do that - or am I incorrect about the once statement?

Yes, you're totally wrong.

auconfig.pl *configures* Automatic Updates, in the same way you can do
it in Windows' control panel. Normally, you *configure* things only
once, don't you?

And by the way, if you want to execute anything each time WPKG starts,
use execute="always", otherwise, WPKG will consider it an error (package
without any check conditions):

http://wpkg.org/index.php/Execute_once_/_always