[wpkg-users] wpkgservice in an undefined state

Brad Langhorst brad at coopmetrics.coop
Sun Jun 10 22:23:36 CEST 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-10 at 22:08 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Brad Langhorst schrieb:
> > C:\Program Files\wpkg>net stop wpkgservice
> > The service could not be controlled in its present state.
> >
> > More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2189.
>
> (...)
>
> > Is this a known problem?
> > How can i solve it?
>

> Use the correct name for this service:
>
> net stop "wpkg service"

same behavior either way....

eventually this state does clear (takes almost exactly an hour- a
timeout?) here's some info from the event log

I see this message ad 3:00:58
        User notification suppressed.

(during this time it's not possible to stop the service)

at 4:01:05 i see
        User notification suppressed.
again, then this message

        There were the following errors:

        Package name: tortoise svn client (32 bit)

        Could not install tortoise svn client (32 bit).
        Exit code returned non-successful value: -1.

        msiexec /x \\rococo\wpkg\software
        \TortoiseSVN-1.4.4.9706-win32-svn-1.4.4.msi

then the service disconnects from the network
        Network resource: successfuly disconnected.
and finishes
        Script execution: successfuly done.

at this point the service is in stopped state and i can restart it (but
it just goes back to the same funky state).

I fixed the path to uninstall the OLD version 1.4.3 instead of trying to
uninstall a version that is not installed and started the service again
at 4:09 pm. It's in that funky state now, i'll see if it resolves at
5:09 pm.

brad

--
Brad Langhorst