[wpkg-users] wpkgservice in an undefined state

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Mon Jun 11 17:06:49 CEST 2007

> On Sun, 2007-06-10 at 22:08 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> Brad Langhorst schrieb:

>         There were the following errors:
>

>         Package name: tortoise svn client (32 bit)
>
>         Could not install tortoise svn client (32 bit).
>         Exit code returned non-successful value: -1.
>
>         msiexec /x \\rococo\wpkg\software
>         \TortoiseSVN-1.4.4.9706-win32-svn-1.4.4.msi
>
> then the service disconnects from the network
>         Network resource: successfuly disconnected.
> and finishes
>         Script execution: successfuly done.
>
> at this point the service is in stopped state and i can restart it (but
> it just goes back to the same funky state).
>
> I fixed the path to uninstall the OLD version 1.4.3 instead of trying to
> uninstall a version that is not installed and started the service again
> at 4:09 pm. It's in that funky state now, i'll see if it resolves at
> 5:09 pm.

Hi Brad,

I would rather devide the uninstall and install into two different packages,
one for deinstalling 1.4.3 and one for installing 1.4.4 and perhaps make
one depend from the other.
If uninstall of 1.4.3 and install of 1.4.4 is in the same
package and the uninstall fails, you leave the user without working svn.
If the install comes first, uninstall second in same package and one
install line fails, after reboot (or service restart) wpkg sees the new
version installed and never does the uninstall cmds.

To have more information about why the (un)install fails, add
  /l* %SystemDrive%\netinst\logs\tortoisesvn.txt
to the msiexec line to have a log file.

Of course you could have another package to transfer the log files from
the client to a writable share on your server.

HTH
Falko

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org