[wpkg-users] C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpkg.xml acces denied

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Jun 15 18:06:30 CEST 2007

Gaye Abdoulaye schrieb:
> After a search in wpkg.org it seems that settings.xml is used with wpkg
> GUI or CLI. I don't use them at all. I try to create settings.xml by
> hand in wpkg share directory, but this not solves my problem.
> I always have:
> Setting file does not exists. Creating a new file.
> saving XML : C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpkg.xml
> access denied

WPKG is to be used with administrator/SYSTEM privileges.
WPKG is a tool for installing software, changing computer settings etc.

It shouldn't be started from user account for the same reason, why
software shouldn't be installed from user account - it's a bad
administration practice, and a security risk.