++Mailshell: RE: [wpkg-users] 1.0rc1 - reboot

grubi CAGYKZCNMKSY at spammotel.com
Thu Nov 29 10:24:24 CET 2007

Rainer Meier schrieb:

Hi Rainer,

thank you for thinking about the reboot delayed thing again.

> Of course we can blame it up on the package creator if he uses a delayed
> reboot and then packages depending on the first one fail to install on first
> try. However such administrators will blame it on the tool at the end.

I have to agree to most of what you said, however the admins are able to
do similar things
with the current version right now by delaying reboot on the command
level. So to give them
more flexibility is not a bad thing in general if this function is not
the default behavour. IMHO
you could not blame the devs for a properly operating feature you
explicity choose and not
understand it entirely. A disclaimer about the consequences in the docs
would be a good idea.

What do you think about the following:

package level reboot:

true -> always reboot ignoring command level result
false -> never reboot ignoring command level result
<not set> -> command level is controling behavour
delayed -> reboot after all packages are processed ignoring command
level results

command level reboot:

true -> immediate reboot
false -> no reboot
delayed -> reboot is delayed after all commands
delayedPackages -> reboot is delayed after all packages are processed

Regards,
grubi