[wpkg-users] Is it possible in wpkg that client workstation will become listener and Server will work for them as per requirement...??

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Oct 17 13:39:28 CEST 2007

Arun Gupta schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> 	Till now in wpkg we are running WSH on client machine, which runs wpkg.js on
> server and do the work....Now if i want that it will work in other way round,
> i.e. Everytime client will listen to Server and Server will say that now i
> have packages whoever is required to deploy it just do it???
> Is it possible, if yes can anyone please confirm me.....and if i have to work
> for it from where should i start....

No, currently it is designed that the server doesn't run any software
needed for WPKG to operate correctly.
In other words, we "pull" the changes.

However, if you would like to "push" the changes, use psexec (Windows
servers) or winexe (Linux servers).
This needs some scripting, though.

As an alternative, you can use Windows Task Scheduler, to fetch the
changes i.e. every 6 hours.