[wpkg-users] wpkg-0.9.12-test1 released

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Oct 26 14:53:18 CEST 2007

Marc Hennes schrieb:

>> Is there anything special about your XP machines?
>
> What do you mean by special? It's in my AD domain like all our machines.

I don't know. No "reboot forbidden" programs installed ;)

>>> The command executes. Wpkg exits and I can login. No reboot loop ;)
>> So, did it ever reboot (i.e., without logon delay enabled), or not?
>> Because I don't understand what you're trying to say.
>
> Of course it did. If running wpkg.js manually it reboots. BUT if you use wpkg-client WITH logon delay activated it doesn't reboot. If I don't use logon delay it reboots...

When you start "cscript wpkg.js" manually, you are logged in - and the
PC obeys your orders (that is, when wpkg.js tries to reboot the machine).
It also works when wpkg.js tries to reboot the machine as being a part
of a starting service - but only on Windows 2000.

On Windows XP, Microsoft changed that behaviour, and rebooting the
machine *during* bootup by using JScript code seems to be disabled and
just doesn't work.
That's why WPKG Client waits for the exit code from wpkg.js - if it
exits with code 3010, WPKG Client initiates a reboot.

I've no idea why it doesn't work for you.

Do you have any error in the Event Log?

WPKG Service will log an error if you exceeded the quota of reboots
(Something like "Script execution required restart but... Restart
canceled").

At least you should have WSH logging "System reboot in progress!".