AW: AW: [wpkg-users] wpkg-0.9.12-test1 released

Marc Hennes Marc.Hennes at financial.com
Fri Oct 26 14:39:46 CEST 2007

Correct.

> > 2. same here
>
> Again, it only reboots when you don't have logon delay enabled? Did I
> understand correctly?

You did.

> Is there anything special about your XP machines?

What do you mean by special? It's in my AD domain like all our machines.

> Are you sure you have:
> - wpkg.js from wpkg-0.9.12-test2
> - WPKG Client 1.0-rc2?

Yes.

> > The command executes. Wpkg exits and I can login. No reboot loop ;)
>
> So, did it ever reboot (i.e., without logon delay enabled), or not?
> Because I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Of course it did. If running wpkg.js manually it reboots. BUT if you use wpkg-client WITH logon delay activated it doesn't reboot. If I don't use logon delay it reboots...

> There will be no "endless reboot loop". There is a mechanism to prevent
> such reboot looping.
> WPKG Client shouldn't reboot the machine more than 5 times in a row as a
> result of wpkg.js wanting to reboot. Then, at least one "clean" bootup
> is needed to reset the counter.
>

> Could anyone else confirm if this rebooting thingy works or doesn't work?
>

> --
> Tomasz Chmielewski
> http://wpkg.org

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach