[wpkg-users] wpkg-0.9.12-test1 released

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Oct 26 15:27:55 CEST 2007

Marc Hennes schrieb:

>> I've no idea why it doesn't work for you.
>>

>> Do you have any error in the Event Log?
>>
>> WPKG Service will log an error if you exceeded the quota of reboots
>> (Something like "Script execution required restart but... Restart
>> canceled").
>>
>> At least you should have WSH logging "System reboot in progress!".
>
> I gave it a new try and now I saw an error in event log (app) "Script execution required restart but count exceed ...." like you mentioned. But normally I see only two informational logs from wpkg service "Set script security context: successfully done" and in the same second "network resource: successfully connected."

Good, so this means everything works fine.

This means, the machine was already rebooted five times in a row by WPKG
Client. WPKG Client won't reboot the machine anymore, as probably
somethings borked with your installation instructions (reboot in XML
files), and they would want to reboot the machine infinitely.

That's by design, imagine an admin on vacation and 100 workstations
rebooting all the time in a company you work for...

To reset the counter, wpkg.js has to exit with a code different than
3010 (which would tell WPKG Client we didn't want a reboot).