[wpkg-users] wpkg-0.9.12-test1 released

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Oct 30 16:20:11 CET 2007

Marc Hennes schrieb:
> Is there any special reason why you have a 2 minute countdown before the restart happens?
>
> Personally I find it a bit annoying to wait 2 minutes for the reboot.

The reason is that not everyone might want to use logon delay (or, as
with Vista, logon delay just doesn't work, due to Vista's different
security model - no workarounds to that yet).

So, with no logon delay, a user might be logged in while WPKG still
installs software. Then, when WPKG wants to trigger a restart, we have
to give the user some time to save all documents etc.

Anyway, it is a bit annoying for me as well ;)
I think this behaviour will be changed in the next version of the WPKG
Client - if no user is logged in, wait only 10 secs or so, and then restart.

> P.S. Have I mentioned that WPKG is a great piece of software, yet?
> I mean I am complaning all the time ;)

Thanks, once I find time to apply all those contributed patches it will
be even better ;)