[wpkg-users] Svar: Installation WPKG client

Tor Soerensen tor at cfh.ku.dk
Thu Apr 10 13:15:08 CEST 2008

Hi Daniel,
Strange, I was just pondering the same question, as I want to update my
client's setting file. Msiexec does not seem to reckognize paths of the
type \\host\path, but seems to need a mapped drive. What I would try was
to map a drive to a drive letter with net use z: \\host\path, run the
msiexec command and then delete the mapped drive again with net use z:
/del.

By the way, I am new to this list, hi everyone :-D Self introduction: I
am the sole person running the IT section at a medium sized institution
(60 pc's), so tools like WPKG (if I can make it work as I want it), are
really useful. Thanks for all your work!
Regards,
Tor Sorensen