[wpkg-users] Installation WPKG client

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at ac-caen.fr
Thu Apr 10 14:32:48 CEST 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> writes:

> 1. What do you mean by a "special user netlogon"?

This is a domain admin user, during login of this user, the netlogon
just install the WPKG client.

It's a quick way to setup WPKG on several hosts, just login with this
account.

> 2. Do you have access to XML file? I.e., does the following work?
>
>    type \\myserver\client\settings.xml

That was the problem. During the test I need to do \\myserver and
login before running my batch script.

So, now it woks with UNC ;-)

msiexec /qb /i "\\myserver\wpkg\client\wpkg client 1.2-rc6.msi" SETTINGSFILE=\\myserver\wpkg\client\settings.xml

Thanks.
--
Daniel Dehennin
RAIP de l'Orne