[wpkg-users] Svar: RE: Danish characters in package definitions

Tor Soerensen tor at cfh.ku.dk
Fri Apr 11 17:56:46 CEST 2008

Dear CL & List members
Thanks for your help. I ended up using the variable name that you
suggested. Earlier I was looking for that exact variable to avoid the
problem, but I didn't find it, so thanks for pointing it out. Now I have
the following package definition:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packages>
<!-- This package definition was made in order to remove Microsoft
Office 2007 Trial that is preinstalled on some laptops   -->
<package id="office2007" name="Microsoft Office 2007 System"
revision="1" reboot="false" priority="10">
    <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="2007 Microsoft
Office system" />
    <remove cmd='"%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office
Setup Controller\setup.exe" /uninstall PROHYBRIDR /dll OSETUP.DLL'>
    </remove>
</package>

</packages>

Now the package file is read alright. From reading previous mailing
list postings about removing software, I was led to believe that if you
made a package file, and then did not include it in a profile, then the
remove command would be run on a host whose profile did not contain the
package. I am trying to make wpkg uninstall a trial version of ms office
2007 this way, but nothing happens. How do I go about this? Can I use
this way to remove software which has not been installed with wpkg?

Regards.
Tor Sorensen.