[wpkg-users] Re : Question about multi-domain environment

Karl kingskawn at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 17:30:34 CEST 2008

Hi Tomasz,

To explain myself a bit more in details we offer services to several domains (around 20) so each of them is another 'company'. I can't call it a company but more a mini-company into a big company let's say.

So everything works on Windows so no Linux or other is used. All the clients are WindowsXP users. Later on (around 2009) maybe Vista will come but for now it's only Windows XP Pro.

The goal we want to achieve is that we can stage machines here at our bench with a WPKG environment or elsewhere with a sort of bootable DVD (with a fully equiped WPKG environment if it needs one).
We'll install the client to have more options and the ease of deploy maybe.
Now when a computer crashes, the user can't work anymore and a solution must come so I looking for a method to install Windows XP again from scratch for that computer. That's one of the goals.
Another is to deploy applications with groups that were grouped by company or managers or ...
Also deploy some software on a computer after an installation of the OS has been done.

I hope it's clearer :-)))

Michael