[wpkg-users] wpkg insanely slow

Jens Geile jens.geile at mzbs.de
Wed Apr 16 09:03:36 CEST 2008

Hi,

> > You also notice "unexpected network error" when you try to start WPKG Client as a user with domain credentials - although you didn't paste a full error message, most WPKG Client error messages are those reported by the operating system.
> > See also: http://www.google.com/search?q=unexpected+network+error
> Hmmm. Maybe I should have prefixed the user name with the name of the domain? Will try that tomorrow.
Yes, definitely. You should always prefix the username with the domain or computername of the machine you want to access. If you don't do that the system might try to access the share with <COMPUTER>\<USER> instead of <DOMAIN>\<USER> and waits for the server to send a NACK. Though this delay should only bother you once afaik since by the next try it should already have a connection with the server. Weird.

-
jens