[wpkg-users] wpkg.js crashing?

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Mon Apr 21 13:05:39 CEST 2008

Jens Geile schrieb:

> So it seems that when eventlog is full wpkg fails to do anything. And because the eventlog is already full it cannot even log why it failed.
>
> While testing this I found that using "<param name='quiet' value='false' />" in config.xml seems to break WPKG. WPKG starts and stops immediately. No software is installed even when eventlog is empty. Starting wpkg manually through commandline gives:
> "WPKG Service konnte nicht gestartet werden." (WPKG service could not be started.)
> "Der Dienst hat keinen Fehler gemeldet." (The service did not report any errors."
> "Sie erhalten weitere Hilfe, wenn Sie NET HELPMSG 3534 eingeben." (Type NET HELPMSG 3534 to get more information.)
>
> After some more testing even "<param name='quiet' value='false' />" is working now but it seems to disable "/debug".

Don't think so, but all debug output goes to eventlog then -> this is
why eventlog is filled so quickly.

Even on the 2nd run (!) after cleaning event log (standard size) I get
this error:

cscript \\server\install\wpkg.js /synchronize /debug /quiet
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host, Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

\\server\install\wpkg.js(4527, 4) (null): Die Ereignisprotokolldatei ist
voll.

Wouldn't it make sense to completely disable sending of debug entries to
eventlog in case of /quiet switch, instead creating only a hint in event
log where the actual log  file (containing the debug entries) can be found?

Just my 2?.
Falko