[wpkg-users] Logging enhancement request

grubi CAGYKZCNMKSY at spammotel.com
Sat Feb 16 15:39:26 CET 2008

Hi Florian,
> You could add the date to the filename, see config.xml for details.
That is what we already did. Currently we have
[HOSTNAME]-[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD] which of course do not prevent the log to be
overwritten during necessary reboots. Sure we could also add [mm] and
[ss] to prevent this but then the whole installation process of one
machine would be spread among multiple logs which is also not very
pleasent. That beeing said I'm still convinced that having a setting
like AppendToLogFile=Yes/no would not be that bad.

Regards,
grubi.