[wpkg-users] packages do not being installed, no logging information shown

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Jul 4 12:07:52 CEST 2008

Christian Thurow schrieb:

> unfortunately the cmd only appears, when a user is logged in, and the
> wpkgservice starts, but not at the boot.

Yes, you will see cmd.exe window (or any other window started by WPKG
Client service) only after you log in.
So this is expected behaviour.

Now, can you browse files on your network share from that cmd.exe window?

And did you check the Windows Event Log to see what WPKG Client logs?
This is where you should have began with.

> other idea: where can i see, which version of wpkg i installed? the
> client is 1.2.1

start wpkginst.exe -> About.

> but i dont know the server version, maybe i use an old
> wpkg-version (over apt-get).

You mean wpkg.js? See the beginning of this file in any editor.

And I don't think you installed it using apt-get (unless you made your
own package).