[wpkg-users] Installer for windows 64 bits

Vincent MALIEN v.malien at socofer.com
Thu Jun 12 14:49:42 CEST 2008

hello,

I use wpkg for installing firefox (and other softwares), it works good,
but it fails on computers using Windows vista 64 Bits (it should be the
same on XP 64 bits):
I added to the basic installation given on the site, the following line
to lock user preferences / Firefox settings for all users (like proxy etc.):

  <install cmd='xcopy /Y "%SOFTWARE%\firefox\all.js"
"%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\*.*"' />
  <install cmd='xcopy  /Y "%SOFTWARE%\firefox\mozilla.cfg"
"%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\*.*"' />

but "Firefox Setup 2.0.0.14.exe" runs on the folder: Program Files (x86)
and those lines copy the files to the folder Program Files.

how do I Deal with this?
I didn't find any advice about this on the web site.
Shall I add a check condition in the installer like this:

<check type="file" condition="exists" path="%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64" />

or have you got a better solution?