[wpkg-users] WPKG Client 1.3.2 released (testing release)

Brian May brian at vpac.org
Mon Jun 23 02:41:10 CEST 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> That would be unfortunate :(
>
> Can you make sure when you find some free time?
>
> What specs do these machines have, is it old or modern hardware in terms
> of speed (CPU, HDD, etc.)?

Disconnected operation, with no access to server.

On a Compaq nc4200 laptop: 5-10 seconds login delay.

On a Dell Latitude D610: 1-2 seconds login delay.

On an older P4 computer (how are you suppose to read the BIOS screen
when it flashes past so quickly?) with a dodgy hard disk (or maybe dodgy
hard disk controller): 1-2 seconds delay.

Hmmm. Not nearly as long as several days ago (seemed to to take the full
delay of 5 minutes on one occasion).

Something weird going on here. While 10 seconds isn't perfect, I
consider it acceptable.

I will continue to try and reproduce the full delay again.

Brian May