[wpkg-users] Silent uninstall ActiveState Perl

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jun 26 19:56:10 CEST 2008

Jennette, Steven J. schrieb:
> Where can I find the correct Id to uninstall Perl?  This is my uninstall
> command currently <remove cmd='msiexec /qb /x
> {49C69876-0196-4620-B237-EA334C2E40B5}' />.  I get this error when I run
> it, “This action is only valid for those products that are installed.”
>  The long list of numbers is just what I copied off of the wpkg page for
> uninstallers.  How do I find the actual id on my computer?

Every release, language version, patch level etc. will have a different,
unique ID. So don't trust these values.

It was discussed before (you will also find uninstall strings for most
programs which were not installed with MSI this way) - see:

http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/2007-April/001394.html
http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/2008-April/002984.html

(probably it's worth adding to the FAQ).