[wpkg-users] WPKG and Vista UAC

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu May 22 13:22:22 CEST 2008

Vladimír Pšenička schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I have found problem with Vista machines and UAC enabled. When WPKG
> client starts on Vista machine and start installing some SW a see in
> event log permission errors (about need to elevate user rights, although
> user installing SW is member of domain admins group) I have czech
> Windows so I apologize for mistakes in translation.  Is possible to
> install SW with WPKG correctly on Vista with UAC enabled?
>

> Without UAC everything works fine...

Does it also happen if you configure WPKG Client to start as a SYSTEM user?

I don't have Vista, unfortunately. Enyone else using Vista seeing this, too?

Anyway, I'll forward this issue to a WPKG Client developer more familiar
with Vista...

Or, if you really have to start the service as a domain administrator,
you may have more luck asking a Windows-specific newsgroup this question:

"How can I disable UAC for only one domain Administrator, but leave UAC
on for each and every other user"?

Let us know about your findings...