[wpkg-users] WPKG and Vista UAC

Vladimír Pšenička vladimir.psenicka at prodeco.cz
Thu May 22 14:28:01 CEST 2008

I tested clean Vista instalation joined to domain with WPKG client
(service) run with SYSTEM account, UAC enabled and result are:

In event log there are errors for each package, example:
> Command '"%SOFTWARE%\tools\acroread\AdbeRdr812_cs_CZ.exe" /sAll /rs" was not successful.
> Access is denied

%SOFTWARE% = \\server\apps

So WPKG service with SYSTEM account cannot read packages from network share.

--
Vladimir Psenicka
IT system engineer