[wpkg-users] WPKG Agent 1.3.5 Install Failure

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Nov 3 11:44:22 CET 2008

Leon Hedding (ICT) schrieb:
> Tomasz,
>
> I did not have time to test and reply until now. It does matter if I
> have spaces in the path. These are the command lines I am using.
>
> msixexec /i "\\server\share$\app\wpkg agent\wpkg agent.msi"
> SETTINGSFILE=\\server\share$\app\wpkg agent\settings.xml /qn ALLUSERS=1
> REBOOT=ReallySuppress
>
> AND
>
> msixexec /i "\\server\share$\app\wpkg agent\wpkg agent.msi"
> SETTINGSFILE="\\server\share$\app\wpkg agent\settings.xml" /qn
> ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress

Works for me.

And it should indeed include quotations; paths passed on command line to
wpkginst.exe should not have quotes, sorry for confusion.

When did you download the MSI file? Does the md5sum match?

2fda326ae54376bc953c5a5354be4973  WPKG Client 1.3.5.msi

Some versions of the installer handled the installation incorrectly, i.e.:
- msiexec was started by Administrator
- network-protected path was mapped by Administrator
- the installer started some helper apps as SYSTEM, which could not
access the network path

Can it be your problem? Although 1.3.5 should handle it fine, so you
might double check if md5sum matches.
Or, download 1.3.6 directly, which I just verified that works properly
with your command line and password-protected network share:

http://wpkg.org/files/client/beta/1.3.6/

This version includes some fixes to logon delay issues.