[wpkg-users] Lots of open connections on Samba server for WPKG user

Paul McGrath J.P.McGrath at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Nov 25 14:51:07 CET 2008

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.

I have a Mac Panther server which has a share with my WPKG files on, it
is also a windows domain controller.  I have an account called testuser
which is used by WPKG.

WPKG successfully installs packages onto all my PCs in my domain.  My
problem is that the connection is kept open for testuser on every PC in
my domain that has run WPKG.

I can restart the windows service on the Panther server which closes all
the testuser connections but after a day I have another 100+ open
connections.

Anyone know how I can force testuser to logoff after the WPKG process
has completed?

Thanks
Paul