[wpkg-users] Installs from start to finish....

Berge Schwebs Bjørlo berge at trivini.no
Thu Oct 16 12:02:31 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 04:37:04PM -0400, Kevin Landers wrote:
> I am curious as to whether or not wpkg could then be set to install, run
> and install each application needed on that machine in turn. I would
> imagine there would be a need for reboots. There would be multiple
> applications such as office suite, virus scanner, firewalls, etc.

FWIW, we use a method similar to Rainer Meier's method, but started in a
different way. We've made a (rather hackish, but effective) unattended
Windows installation suite (which boots Linux off PXE, mounts an installation
share, partitions disks and run Windows Setup in dosemu). Windows Setup is
fed with a file called unattend.txt - among other things, it installs WPKG
Client late in the process (with [UserParams] and UserExecute), but before
the last reboot. Thus, WPKG runs at the last reboot and installs an office
suite, virus scanner and other useful stuff.

I can give you the details if you're interested.

-B

--
Berge Schwebs Bjørlo
Alegría!