[wpkg-users] Installs from start to finish....

Kevin Landers landersk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 02:20:23 CEST 2008

Hi Berge,

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 6:02 AM, Berge Schwebs Bjørlo <berge at trivini.no>wrote:

> FWIW, we use a method similar to Rainer Meier's method, but started in a
> different way. We've made a (rather hackish, but effective) unattended
> Windows installation suite (which boots Linux off PXE, mounts an
> installation
> share, partitions disks and run Windows Setup in dosemu). Windows Setup is
> fed with a file called unattend.txt - among other things, it installs WPKG

> I can give you the details if you're interested.

I would be very interested in hearing your methods for such an installation
process. I have long thought it to make sense to perform such roll outs via
a PXE boot. I would have never thought to utilize dosemu in that way though.
Any and all insight you could provide about this would be greatly
appreciated. Perhaps if you are willing, we could move such information to
the wiki, etc. *Believes heavily in documentation* ;)

Thanks,

landersk