[wpkg-users] Deploy packages to non-domain members not working

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Dec 30 08:55:54 CET 2009

Bill Prentice wrote:

> WPKG checks in no problem and gets the list of packages (because I
> supplied it with credentials for a domain service account) but when it
> tries to run a package it comes back with an error (which varies
> depending on what the software is – 1619 in the case of an MSI).
> Essentially what is happening is my 2003r2 package-hosting domain-member
> server is asking for a user ID and password to access the share even
> with Everyone set on it.

Error 1619 with MSI means "package not found", and as you said, is a
consequence of your server asking for username/password.

Problem is not really related to WPKG - as it would happen without WPKG,
too, when accessing any other file.

Either figure out why your server keeps asking for username/password, or
make your clients use username/password (i.e. you can do it with WPKG
Client).