[wpkg-users] Special install command not working

Mike Burgener mike.burgener at u-blox.com
Fri Feb 13 11:26:52 CET 2009

Rainer Meier wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Mike Burgener wrote:
>> Hmm, it works on a non domain-member machine, so I think it cannot be
>> a permission problem, for me it looks like the installer does not get
>> the "yes" when run by wpkg.
>
> Credentials and access rights is not a thing which only
> exists in domains. Also workgroups and stand-alone machines
> use credentials. For example if you create a share on XP
> professional, then you can access the share only if you use
> the same user on the remote machine (username and password is
> the same). Actually in such cases the following accounts are involved:
>
> Machine A (publishing the share):
> MACHINEA\user (using password X)
>
> Machine B (accessing the share):
> MACHINEB\user (using password X)
>
> So if you access the share from machine B then Windows will
> first try to  use "MACHINEB\user" account. Unfortunately this
> will not work since it's a local user. Depending on Windows
> configuration it will then try to use "user" only which
> succeeds if on machine A there is a user called "user" too.
>
> If both fail Windows will also try to use the "Guest" account
> with no password. Unfortunately this account is disabled by default.
>
> You might just try to enable the guest account and allow
> access to the share by Guest. This case Windows will always
> succeed to access the share. No matter which local user is
> currently logged on (SYSTEM in case of WPKG).
>
> br,
> Rainer

This easier Version of .cmd does not work as well.

echo yes |
\\server\wpkgsoftware\arm\ARM_RVDS_3.1\Utilities\Installer\2.2\127\win_3
2-pentium\wh.exe install  --level "RVCT Only" --source
\\server\wpkgsoftware\arm\ARM_RVDS_3.1\  --target "C:\Program Files\ARM"
--env system
regedit /s \\server\wpkgsoftware\registry\license_server_rvds31.reg