[wpkg-users] WPKG and Windows SteadyState Disk Protection

Josh Frome jfrome at maildev.slcpl.org
Mon Jan 5 12:20:45 CET 2009

Hello,

     I'm new to WPKG and was wondering if anyone had tips for integrating Microsoft's SteadyState disk protection.  More specifically, SteadyState is configured to remove any changes the the hard drive (a la Deep Freeze, etc) and requires a registry change and reboot to write/save changes to the hard drive.  I have a script that will perform the registry modification and reboot, but I am looking for a way to only call the script when WPKG has made a change (install/uninstall, etc) and not every time WPKG runs (i.e. using a post-action).

What would be the best approach to find out if WPKG has installed/uninstalled packages and if so, enable a reboot script?

Thanks,

Josh

--
Josh Frome