[wpkg-users] WPKG and Windows SteadyState Disk Protection

mscdex mscdex at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 14:37:06 CET 2009

I ran into a similar situation when I was working with a small network that
was using deep freeze. I ended up modifying wpkg.js in the relevant places
where a successful package installation/removal/upgrade/downgrade has been
detected, etc. In those places, I had it call a custom jscript function of
mine to do the freezing (and reboot possibly, I can't remember now) of the
hard disk after all was said and done. I also put in a call to a custom
jscript function to do a thaw (and reboot) first only if wpkg detected that
work needed to be done (packages needed to be removed, installed, etc).

That may not be the most elegant solution, but I couldn't find any neater
way to do it.