[wpkg-users] WPKG and Windows SteadyState Disk Protection

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Jan 6 01:19:02 CET 2009

Hi,

In later WPKG versions there is a feature switch: /statusprint

It allows to print WPKG progress on STDOUT. So it's possible to wrap
WPKG (call it by another script) and analyze its output to detect if it
is doing any installation/upgrade).

In addition it would be possible to make a snapshot of wpkg.xml before
WPKG is run and compare it to the snapshot after WPKG is run. This would
allow a script even without analyzing WPKG output if anything has been
changed on the system.

Parsing the log-file which WPKG writes right after WPKG run
(post-run-script, started by WPKG client?) could do the same.