[wpkg-users] WPKG Agent Error

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed Jun 3 19:27:19 CEST 2009

Hi Leon,

Leon Hedding (ICT) wrote:
> On a brand new computer I am getting the following error message when I
> install the WPKG Agent and try to sync. The command line I am using is
> “wpkg.js /synchronize /nonotify /quiet”. I have enabled debug logging
> but that is not telling me anything more. I don’t know what else to try
> to figure out why it is failing? I am running WPKG Agent 1.3.6 and
> wpkg.js is at 1.1.0.
>

> Event Type: Error
>
> Event Source: WSH
>
> Event Category: None
>
> Event ID: 1
>
> Date: 03/06/2009
>
> Time: 15:50:03
>
> User: N/A
>
> Computer: ComputerA

> Message: Unable to notify user that the system was about to begin
> updating. Path not found

> updating. Path not found
>
> Error number: 100000000
>
> Stack: undefined
>
> Line: undefined

Quite clearly it dumps out when executing %SystemRoot%\system32\net.exe -
however if your /nonotify switch (or try to set
<param name='nonotify' value='true' />
within config.xml) this part of the code is not executed at all.

Using either of the settings above you should see an event log entry like "User
notification suppressed. Message: ...". If not, then your switch is probably
misspelled or not set at all.

I am using the /nonotify switch too - so I am quite sure it's working properly
on XP and Vista 32/64.

A full debug log might reveal some more initialization messages too.