[wpkg-users] Installation depend of exist the installationmedium

Chris Wilcox not_rich_yet at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:16:23 CEST 2009

> Hi,
>
> My Question is: Can I provide software via wpkg depend of "pc can see the software package or not".
>
> In this case I have only a simple configuration: software for all ;-)
> But only few pc's can see the installation-package via ADS-Group-membership.
>
> Now my admins can simple control SW via ADS and on the other hand user with local adminrights can't manuell install the software from WPKG-Share.
>
> Thanks for help
> Frank

Unless the local users can view/see the software share they'll not be installing software anyhow?

Either that or set permissions on the software share so the users can't access it - create a specific user account which WPKG uses to connect to the software share and that should allow installs to work but then prevent users from viewing the share themselves.

I use something very similar for WPKG running from a protected Linux network share and it works fine.