[wpkg-users] using psexec to push client

Petersen, Tom Tom.Petersen at sduniversitycenter.org
Fri Oct 9 21:56:20 CEST 2009

I am new to all of this but actually managed to get things working for
the most part using the documentation online.

Once the client is installed my packages install ok.

I tried using this to push the client:

c:\PsTools\psexec -u usdsu.local\username -p password @ucs186.xml -d
msiexec /i "\\usdsu.local\storage\its\uc-its\wpkg\WPKG Client 1.2.1.msi"
/qb SETTINGSFILE=\\usdsu.local\storage\its\uc-its\wpkg\settings.xml

(replacing username and password with the correct ones)

I then get this for all 32 machines. (correct machine names, and
different process ID on each of the 32 machines)

\\UCS18602:

msiexec started on UCS18602 with process ID 692.

That is all I get, not sure if I was supposed to get any feedback on if
it was successful or not.  And the client is not installed on the
machines.  Is there a way to look at that process id somewhere???

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, hope this is the right
place to post this question.

TIA!

Tom