[wpkg-users] uninstall applications not in hosts matching profile/s

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Fri Oct 9 09:47:46 CEST 2009

Hi Jacob,

Jacob Jarick wrote:
> Should wpkg uninstall packages that are not listed in the users profile.
>
> And should it remove packages that were in a hosts profile but have now
> been removed ?

Yes, WPKG executes the remove commands of a package which is installed and has
been removed from the profile.

> I am not seeing this behaviour at the moment.
> I have tried deleting c:\windows\system32\wpkg.xml but no effect.

If you remove wpkg.xml then WPKG does not know any more that the package has
ever been installed. So it will not try to uninstall anything.
Uninstall only works if your wpkg.xml is filled and a package which is listed in
wpkg.xml is not any more part of the profile.